Michael Allawos is an Entrepreneur / Dynamic proven leader, with substantial product, sales and diplomatic abilities, with hands on, as well as delegation and networking strengths.
Michael was the President / COO as well as the acting CFO for California Energy & Power responsible for the development and the launch of its disruptive new wind turbine technology around the world prior to establishing Allawos & Company, LLC.
Before filling the two roles of Vice President of Business Development and President / COO at California Energy & Power, Michael was the founder and President of a Southern California based manufacturing company for 22 years specializing in the aerospace community with in excess of over 27 million in contracts.
Michael was also a founding Board member for Southland Business Bank. Michael was responsible for being on the Loan Committee, Chairman of Policies and Procedures, and Chairman of the Community Re-Investment Committee prior to being sold in 2003. Michael was then asked to be the Chairman of the Advisory Board for the acquiring Bank.
Specialties: Optimization of companies and strategic planning using the creative process with extreme discipline. Banking, Business Planning, Executive Coaching, Group Facilitation, Import / Export, International Diplomacy, Manufacturing, Operations, Problem Solving, Renewable Energy, Sales, Quality Processes and Procedures.
Achievements & Awards
- 2005 California Small Business Award, Senator Marget
- 2004 NASA, recognition and appreciation in support of the Mars Exploration Rover program
- 2002 Recognition Award from the Los Angeles Consular Corps.
- 2001 Small Business of the Year Award, Inland Valley Economic Development Corporation
- 2000 Austrian Decoration, Gold Medal for Service to Austria
- 2000 Commendation from the Lieutenant Governor of California “Fighting Breast Cancer”
- 2000 LeRoy Haynes Center Volunteer of the Month
- 1999 Semi-Finalist for Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 1998 Semi-Finalist for Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 1997 Haas Machine Technology Featured in January Issue: “Mikana Soars into the Future at the Speed of Sound”
- 1997 McDonnell Douglas “Merit Award”
- 1997 Semi-Finalist for Ernst & Young “Entrepreneur of the Year”
- 1996 Business 96 Featured in December Issue: “Look Like a Million – Ten Ways to Boost Your Company’s Image”
- 1994 Northrop Grumman “Key Plan Award” for Excellence in Quality
- 1994 McDonnell Douglas “First Silver Award”(Preferred Supplier – Long Beach Division)
- 1994 Business Week “Mom and Pop Go High-Tech” Featuring: Small companies using and developing high technology in industry. November Issue.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Presidents Legislative Council
- Member of the International Visitors and Protocol Foundation
- Former Board of Directors at the Claremont School of Religion
- Volunteer at the LeRoy Haynes Boys Home
- Former Committee Member, SGV International Conference
- World Affairs Council International Circle Member
- Former Executive Committee member of Global Partnership 2000
- Former Chairman Vineyard Bank Advisory Board
- Former Founding Member/Board of Director, Southland Business Bank
- Member of the Congressional Club
- Chairman of the Oak Tree Festival
- Life Member of the Glendora Historical Society
Publications & Patents
Los Angeles Consular Corp Directory; Ourglobe.org ; Holds several copy rights and a Fluid Turbine System Patent 2010/0054,910. Featured in numerous publications and speaking engagements.
Cynthia has served on every PTA at all of Allawos’ children’s schools here in Glendora. She was chairwoman of various PTA events and served as room parent for her children’s teachers at La Fetra as well as PTA President at La Fetra and Glendora High School. Cynthia was awarded PTA’s Child Advocate Award at La Fetra Elementary, Sandburg Middle School and Glendora High School. She received PTA’s Honorary Service Award from La Fetra Elementary and Glendora High School. Cynthia has also served on the Glendora Education Foundation board. In January 2015 she was sworn in as an auxiliary volunteer at the Glendora Police Department. Cynthia also serves on the Whitcomb PTA Board and the Glendora Coordinating Council Board.
Melina graduated from Glendora High School in 2012. She was a member of Honor Society and the California Scholarship Federation. She played on the water polo team for four years, three years on the varsity team. She was recognized as a Scholar Athlete all three years on the varsity team and was co-captain her senior year. She was also on the swim team for three years, recognized as a Scholar Athlete her senior year. As a freshman she began volunteering at Foothill Presbyterian and earned over 500 hours when she graduated. While attending Mount San Antonio Community College, Melina volunteered over 300 hours at Foothill Presbyterian and Queen of the Valley Hospital in addition to her previous volunteer work. Melina now attends Cal State Los Angeles as a nursing student.
Zachary is a freshman at Citrus College and graduated from Glendora High School in the spring of 2016. Zachary was a Boy Scout in troop 491 for five years and earned the rank of Eagle Scout in April 2014. His Eagle Scout project involved making and replacing 24 existing, wooden crosses with cement crosses at the Fairmount Pioneer Cemetery in Glendora which represented war veterans that are buried there. In January 2014 the Glendora Coordinating Council recognized Zachary with a Youth Recognition Award for his contribution to the Glendora community with his Eagle project. During his five years in Boy Scouts he achieved over 300 service hours. Zachary recently earned his instructor credentials for a level 1 climbing instructor through Boy Scouts Venture Crew.